The International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) will provide funding for Ready, Set, Go! Program members to conduct community fuels reduction projects. This funding opportunity is made available through its cooperative agreement with the USDA Forest Service.
The RSG Community Fuels Reduction Project awards are to assist local fire departments in engaging their community in fuels reduction efforts while educating and encouraging the community to share the responsibility of wildfire risk reduction in their own neighborhood.
The funding opportunity is to aid RSG members implementing a community fuels reduction project for wildfire mitigation efforts through contractual services, equipment purchase or rental or staffing costs for fuels reduction projects. RSG members can apply for up to $5,000 in funding and must complete this community fuels reduction projects no later than June 30, 2019.
- Funds must be put towards fuels reduction project identified in application (chipping, thinning, mastication, grazing are all eligible)
Eligible Funding uses:
- Funds must be put towards costs for fuels reduction project: staffing/salary, contractual, rental or purchase of equipment, purchase of supplies to support the event(s)
RSG Membership: you must be an RSG member to be awarded, sign up for free now at www.wildlandfirersg.org. There is no cost for RSG membership and you can contact RSG@iafc.org for assistance registering.
Non Eligible Projects:
- The purchase of firefighting suppression or fire related PPE equipment
- The use of funds for travel or trainings
Matching: There is no cash match requirement, but departments may indicate cash match on the application.
Reporting: All community/organization efforts must be recorded in AMS.
Procurement: If the organization submitting a proposal outsources or contracts any work to meet the requirements contained herein, this must be clearly stated in the proposal. Additionally, all costs included in proposals must be itemized and inclusive of any outsourced or contracted work. Any proposals which call for outsourcing or contracting work must identify and provide documentation on their procurement process for services that exceed $3,000.00.
- Application Deadline: March 31, 2019
- Award Notice: By April 15, 2019
- Project Deadline (if awarded): June 30, 2019
Apply today and help your community address its wildland fire threat!
Submit a RSG Mitigation Grant application: https://app.smarterselect.com/programs/58011-Iafc-.